Installing new pond liner to a leaking pond is one of our main jobs as pond experts. From poorly installed liners to damage from animals or people sometime a repair is possible but in this instance a new liner and general refurbishment was needed.
As you can see the water lost combined with a poor initial install meant there was quite a bit of viable liner which is never nice especially when trying to re create a nature look for wildlife.
The Iris plants had also got out of control.
As part of the refurbishment we would dig out some more soil to create more defined shelves for plants. As you can probably guess by our other project planted beds would be created. We also decided to increase the overall depth.
Around 8 tons of slate was used for this pond. Existing plants were propagated and planted into the new plant beds. We went for a 2 step bed design for this pond to allow space for deeper water plants such as lilies as well.
A few months later we popped by to pick up our trusty blue shovel that got left behind. Luckily this meant we could get some pictures of how it has matured.
The finished article is a vast improvement. The stepping stone is for the cat who although enjoyed the previous upside down pot required something a bit more lassy